[adriana@hq.mycity.com: [techtalk] Version Control for Web Sites]

Tami Friedman tami at bronze.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Feb 12 17:06:40 EST 2000

The geeks at Project GNU swear by CVS.

.Tami
 .signature: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected

Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:32:52 -0500
From: Adriana Gonzalez <adriana at hq.mycity.com>
To: "techtalk at linuxchix.org" <techtalk at linuxchix.org>
Subject: [techtalk] Version Control for Web Sites
Sender: owner-techtalk at linuxchix.org

Hi all,

I am in need of some recommendations on version control software for
linux, that make it easy to update/commit/rollback text and image files
of a particular project between development/staging/live servers.

I want to be able to define the files that belong to a project, and to
map them into their appropriate places in the different server's file
structure.  I want to update in a file basis as well as in a project
basis, and to manage everything from a web interface.  I know Microsoft
Site Server has features like these for the Windows platform, what do we
have on Linux?

Thanks in advance,

- --
   Adriana Gonzalez