[techtalk] LaTeX

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Feb 10 07:29:13 EST 2000

On Feb 9, Glenda R. Snodgrass conjectured:

> > pages.  I'm trying to learn it so I can use it for papers for a class I'm
> > in (plain old pico isn't quite good enough for something I have to turn in
> > for a grade...)
>
> If you're not averse to popular GUI apps, you might want to try the Linux
> version of Adobe Framemaker 5.5 -- it's in beta, so you can download it

I don't have a problem per se.  I could easily reinstall Star Office if I
felt like it.  But I'm trying to learn things less clunky than GUI apps
that eat up memory.  (Not that my computer is slow or anything.  I think
I'm one of few people who haven't had troubles running Enlightenment.
>From what I hear, anyway...)  And I've heard good things about LaTeX, so I
figured I'd give it a whirl.

THanks for all your input, everyone!

Conni
trying to quiet a petulant cat

--
When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man.
			-Anthony Burgess, _A Clockwork Orange_

http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Galadriel