[techtalk] Poor performance on home LAN

T. E. Pickering tim at astro.rug.nl
Wed Feb 9 02:23:42 EST 2000

> I agree talking to a linux-networking list is the best plan. The theories
> about it being the OS' networking layer or hardware (shared interrupts etc)
> seem like the more likely culprits to me too.

i'll bet a guilder it's a shared interrupt problem.  my tulip ethernet
card doesn't work if it shares an interrupt with something, but my old
3com 3c503's and 3c509's would and would either be real flaky or real
slow.

tim

|  Tim Pickering                 |     Kapteyn Institute, Postbus 800  |
|  tim at astro.rug.nl              | 9700 AV Groningen, The Netherlands  |
|  http://www.astro.rug.nl/~tim/ |                    +31-50-363-6519  |
Houdini escaping from New Jersey!

Film at eleven.