[techtalk] Need Notebook reccomendation

Robert Kiesling kiesling at mainmatter.com
Mon Feb 7 16:51:35 EST 2000

"T. E. Pickering" wrote:

> IBM's are great if you don't have problems with them.  once you have
> to deal with IBM support, things get ugly fast.  at least that's been
> the case for two of my friends.  i've heard other horror stories as
> well.  similarly, sony vaio's are great as long as they don't break.

Me, too.  :) I have a 365XD that I just replaced the hard drive in.
It's got a 100 Mhz Pentium, 24 Mb of memory, and (now) a 6.1 gig hard
drive.  I bought it second hand, and with the exception of the
original drive, it's about the most durable laptop I've had, the
pcmcia slots work great, even with Debian 2.1, the keyboard and screen
are comfortable, and you'll probably be able to get one for
bargain-basement prices.