[techtalk] Changing the Console Video Mode

Esther Lumsdon esther at pagesz.net
Sun Feb 6 22:10:31 EST 2000

Actually, it is common for near-sighted people under the age of
40 to have their vision improve for several years.... just before
presbyopia kicks in and they get bifocals!  I'm approaching the
bifocal stage myself :-)

If you are having eyestrain or vision problems, I encourage you to
get an eye exam.  It may have another cause -- perhaps neck
strain, but it's nice when a prescription can cure your night-vision
problems, or when your opthalmologist suggests that you get
evaluated for diabetes.

> I received a new prescription for glasses last week, and my optometrist
> told me that in the years since my previous prescription, my eyes had
> actually gotten _better_ and that this is apparently not uncommon for
> heavy computer users. I was surprised!

- Esther

-- Esther Lumsdon   esther at pagesz.net  Speaking only for myself
Tomorrow, we shall be older,  ...but shall we be wiser?  -- Joan Walsh Anglund