Vision (was: Re: [techtalk] Changing the Console Video Mode)

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Sun Feb 6 08:20:52 EST 2000

On Feb 5, Nicole Zimmerman conjectured:

> > > Braille terminal ? ;)
> >
> > Heh. Actually I have near-perfect vision in my left eye - and am almost
> > legally blind in the right.
>
> My eyes aren't too great either. My right eye used to be glued to my
> nose while my left was nearly okay (though somewhat leaning toward
> nose-ville as well). (witness http://colby.dhs.org/pics/cheese.jpg and
> http://colby.dhs.org/pics/bllrb.jpg) They were repaired when I was 18
> months old (two muscles in right, one in left), however I have never
> recovered from having my left eye do all of the "normal" vision
> operations: it remains *very* dominant over my right, which still has
> way too much trouble focusing to be incredibly useful. I have okay depth
> perception but horrible peripheral vision on my right side (still "goes
> in" toward my nose a tad). I am very sensitive to the sun and other
> bright glowing things.

I learned when I was about 18 that my left eye is slightly crossed.  My
eye doctor prescribed me bifocals.  But I gave them up when I went to
contact lenses.  She told me I should wear prisms in my glasses, but they
can't put them in contacts.  Lately it's been driving me crazy (I'll be 24
in about a month).  I've been considering seeing if I can get my
prescription glasses with prisms and a pair of plain-glass (no Rx) glasses
with prisms to wear with my contacts.  Of course, I have to find an eye
doctor down here... I don't plan on driving 6 hours to my hometown to see
my eye doctor.  ;)

(I'm also looking for a decent haircut place around here...  I'm needing
a haircut.)

Conni

--
Since they're all rude, Hi, I'm Neil.