[techtalk] Need Notebook reccomendation

Dan McGarry dmcgarry at moodindigo.com
Tue Feb 1 23:49:06 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Phillips <ianp at tibco.com>
To: <techtalk at linuxchix.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: [techtalk] Need Notebook reccomendation

> > Well, I am obliged to say "buy a Dell".  But actually, we've started
configuring
> > a couple of our notebooks with Redhat, so if you're wanting a notebook
on linux

> I'd say go for a Dell as well, but beware of the models with the 256ZX
graphics chipsets, you'll need to buy a comercial Xserver for ~£100 to get
them to work (or somebody please tell me where I wen't wrong!).

The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/)[*] featured a story today,
announcing that Dell was now officially shipping notebooks with Linux
pre-installed.

Very good news to see this bastion of Wintel-ism being infiltrated by Tux
and co.

[* Their motto: "Biting the hand that feeds IT." My favourite source of
irreverent geek gossip^H^H^H^H^H^Hjournalism.]

--
Dan McGarry
http://www.moodindigo.com/