[techtalk] Need Notebook reccomendation

Ian Phillips ianp at tibco.com
Tue Feb 1 20:01:46 EST 2000

> Well, I am obliged to say "buy a Dell".  But actually, we've started configuring
> a couple of our notebooks with Redhat, so if you're wanting a notebook on linux

I'd say go for a Dell as well, but beware of the models with the 256ZX graphics chipsets, you'll need to buy a comercial Xserver for ~£100 to get them to work (or somebody please tell me where I wen't wrong!).

But apart from that minor caveat the CPi series are great. I haven't played with the Inspiron's so I couldn't say, but being aimed at home users moer I guess they'd be more likely to have "cutting-edge" chipsets (read: X problems ;-)

Yours,
Ian.

#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
#endif                    | www.TIBCO.com