[techtalk] mysql and php

Nicki Handy nicki at netcreations.com
Wed Dec 20 18:04:39 EST 2000

Hi-
I'm running apache red hat linux 6.1, with mysql and php- I have a fine
time with *perl* and mysql talking to each other but this is the error I
get with my test php page-
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/home/httpd/html/phpdbitest.php on line 5
Could not connect

that file  mysql.sock is located in /tmp/mysql.sock not the directory it
lists in the warning- I don't want to make a link to a tmp directory and I
don't really know what this files is doing exactly. anyway, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nicki