[techtalk] Re; Smoking kills!

WolfRyder wolfryder at uswest.net
Fri Dec 15 08:00:22 EST 2000

> > I take my keycaps off and put them in a laundry bag. You know, the
> > kind for washing sweaters in, that's a kind of netting. Then I throw
> > the bag and the keyboard itself right in the d/w and run it. On cold
> > temperature.
>
>Sounds like a good idea. Should work in a washing machine as well,
>shouldn't it? I use to take mine intop the shower, that's also a bit
>cool. "I just had a shower with my keyboard today."

I don't know if it's all keyboards, but I've cleaned my share with a moist
cloth and the letters/numbers rub off eventually. Even from excessive use
they rub off. Don't know if a washing machine, which agitates, would be
good for that reason. Just my 2 cents.

I've a few sticky keyboards in my closet (so sue me, I'm a packrat! LOL!)
that I'm gonna run through the dishwasher.

Oh yeah, I remember reading somewhere that if you take the keys off, make a
picture of your keyboard beforehand so you remember where they all go back;-)

Carol