[techtalk] Smoking kills!

Christian MacAuley csm at jellspace.net
Wed Dec 13 05:11:06 EST 2000

> Rumor has it (thousands of years ago) HP put all their "used" keyboards in
> the dishwasher to clean them,  and then sent them out as replacements to
> their customers when their keyboards failed, as warranty replacements.

I have a friend who (for some reason) has been working in PC repair for 5
years.  He stands by giving keyboards cold showers.  I did it to one of my
keyboards after a coffee incident a few years ago, and it still works fine.
I wonder if a long, hot, dishwasher ride is overkill, though ...

~Christian

Christian MacAuley
work » http://colortheory.net
play » http://jellspace.net