[techtalk] HELP! Recovering MBR for dual boot system..

Michelle Sims michelle_leonard at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 13:11:11 EST 2000

Hi All,
	I'm here at a clients ste trying to get a system dual
booting...

	They had already installed RH 6.1 on the first SCSI
drive (/dev/sda), and WIN98 (/dev/sdb) on the second
drive.  lilo wasn't working, so they have been using
the adaptec scsi utility to switch between boot
drives.

	In my attempts to move things around I messed up both
MBR...I fixed the linux one, but am stuck on fixing
the windows disk.  booting from win98 boot disk and
running FDISK /MBR returns "no fixed disks".

	If anyone knows how to rewrite the MBR on the windows
disk, it would help greatly...also is it possible for
lilo to work in this configuration?

TIA!
Michelle