[techtalk] Scrolling in xterm

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Sun Aug 20 11:28:32 EST 2000

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 01:20:54PM +0000, Subba Rao wrote:
> My xterm is version 4.0.1b(104). I have the scrollbar showing up on
> the left side of my window. I am not able to interactively use the
> mouse to scroll back in the window.  A mouse click in the scroll bar
> will position the view in the scroll buffer. How can I use the mouse
> button to move interactively through the scroll buffer (as in
> gnome-terminal).

Do you mean that when you left-click (button 1) in the scrollbar, it
moves down one screen and when you right-click (button 3), it moves up?
If that is the case, then middle-click (button 2) moves to where the
pointer is in the scrollbar. You can use this (button 2) to mvoe about
dynamically by holding down the button and dragging the mouse up and
down.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Malcolm Tredinnick            email: malcolm at commsecure.com.au