[techtalk] hi, I'm brand spanking new

jboudell jboudell at asu.edu
Fri Aug 18 22:08:42 EST 2000

Hi,

found linuxchix.org while surfing...
I'm an utter linux almost newborn.  I've been using Winblows forever and
have recently decided to give Linux a try.  This weekend I'd like to
install Red Hat on my Compaq Presario 5240.  I have a new HP that I'm
keeping Winblows on due to my dependence on the applications that run on
the M$ platform.  I picked up a copy of SE Using Red Hat Linux that
includes version 6.2.  Tonight I've been looking up my hardware on the
compatibility list at Red Hat.  Of course I can't find everything
listed, but I figured I'd try and install it anyway and see what
happens.

Can anyone give me some advice?  I'm reading the manual, but we all know
that untold surprises await me.  right?

thanxs!
Jere