[techtalk] Apache problems

Kath ranger at optonline.net
Fri Aug 18 20:18:10 EST 2000

Kill one problem, another pops up :(

Now Apache is taking forever to load a web page (actually any box trying to connect to it timesout).  And the weird part is it is not just a problem for machines trying to access it remotely, but when I try connecting to localhost (127.0.0.1), it can take over 2 minutes for a simple page to load!

Ping works fine and I checked if it was the same problem as proftpd (hostname lookup) and it wasn't.

Anyone have any ideas?  Should I just dpkg --purge apache?

- Kathleen