[techtalk] Netstat weirdness

stephanie1200 at netscape.net stephanie1200 at netscape.net
Wed Aug 16 09:58:21 EST 2000

But can't the routing table hold not necessarily the machine itself, but a router the machine knows about?  you can have a gateway that matches your ip, but the destination doesn't have to.  I think a crash course in routing is in order...I can usually hack this stuff together, but never quite understand what it is I'm doing...anyone?  but also, in answer to your question about how netstat gets out of sync with ifconfig, you can set stuff up explicitly with the "route" command.