[techtalk] Red Hat certification

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Aug 16 09:29:30 EST 2000

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 07:49:21PM -0700 or thereabouts, Ashok Kanodia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get the information on Red Hat's (RHCE) exam.
> I am trying to get the test questions for this.

Several books and websites are out there with sample questions (of
variable quality: be warned). I think one of the list-members wrote
one, actually..

Going by everything I've heard, they still won't help you with the
practical part of the exam, though...

Red Hat's take on it is at http://www.redhat.com/services/training/
and it has a long list of prerequisites to know before signing up
for the course. I have seen several comments about "heed that list" :)

and Google tells me "Google results 1-10 of about 509 for RHCE questions":
even if you remove all the *.redhat.com sites from that there's still a
lot to look at.

Also look at Amazon for the readers' reviews of the different books
(and then buy elsewhere if you have problems with patents, of course :))

Telsa