[techtalk] problem

Anthony Russello arussello at quickclic.net
Mon Aug 14 18:01:50 EST 2000

Alright,  here's the deal,  I had my Linux machine (Mandrake 7) running
just fine.  I'm using fetchmail to retrieve my email messages from my pop3
ISP server.

The fetchmail file is perfect,  I've been using it for a month.  Then I
installed a new hard drive.  That worked, but left things a little
messy.  Including the fact that fetchmail no longer worked.  Since I'm new
to Linux,  I figured I messed up,  and decided to just reinstall Linux.

The installation went great, I partitioned everythign the way I wanted it,
but now,  I still can't use fetchmail.  and it's the same fetchmailrc file
contents as before.

Has anyone had a similar problem to this?

Please help.  I've already contacted my ISP who were very very helpful,
but unfortunately, I still can't use fetchmail for some odd reason.

If you could help me out,  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

--
Linux... The Ultimate Windows Service Pack.