[techtalk] Kleopatra -- what replaces kmenuedit?

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Sun Aug 6 16:01:46 EST 2000

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 09:45:59AM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
 Caitlyn M. Martin thought...
> Hi, Conor,
> >
> > What's KOffice anyhow?  Where can I get it?  Is it Open Source or free or
> > anything?
>
> KDE2 (actually KDE 1.91 beta), QT 2.1, and KOffice are all available from
> ftp.kde.org or any of the better, frequently updated mirrors.  It's
> available as source or as RPMs for Red Hat 6.x, Caldera 2.4, SuSe 6.?, and I
> think Mandrake as well.  If you got the RPM route, install QT (all of it)
> first, the kdeqtaddin, then kdesupport, then kdelibs, then kdebase, then
> kofficelibs, then all the apps.
>
> The one really nice thing that's been done by the packagers, at least on the
> Caldera 2.4 RPMs, is that Kleopatra does *not* overwrite your existing KDE
> configuration and files.  Rather, you get two different KDE versions side by
> side, which is definitely appropriate when one is a beta that still needs
> some work.

D/L'ed the works in RH RPMS.  Version 1.91.20000804 or thereabouts.  Getting
dependencies when I try to install the packages.  Particularly a severe lack
of

"libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3"

I looked through all the rpms, even downloaded those that I had originally
thought I didn't need but no luck.  I tried symlinking the lib name to an
existing lib of nearly the same name but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Domestic Sysadmin :-)