[techtalk] XDM and xinitrc

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Sat Aug 5 20:44:47 EST 2000

I use XDM to start my X-Window sessions. My window manager is FVWM2.
I have $HOME/.fvwm2rc which is being read when FVWM starts. I have my .xinitrc
in $HOME, which is not being read. I have some customizations which are not
being executed. When I try to modify the global xinitrc, then after login I get
one xclock, the wallpaper and nothing else.

What should I do or check to get $HOME/.xinitrc to be executed?

Thank you in advance.
--

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com