[techtalk] WINE (or other emulator) question

Amanda Babcock alb at quandary.org
Thu Aug 3 10:03:51 EST 2000

I'm getting jealous of all the folks on Motley Fool that use Quicken.
This is the first time that missing out on something Windows-ish has
actually made me seriously reconsider my Unix-only lifestyle.  Actually,
it has only driven me far enough to consider running a windows emulator :)

Or, one of the emulators that just emulates the machine - I own a copy of
Windows, so I can always install it in the emulator...

So, help!  Anyone have experience, tips, or URL/mailing list pointers
regarding the following issues:

 . running an emulator under Linux or (long shot here) FreeBSD
 . running Quicken inside an emulator - problems?
 . the emulators run under X, right?  The thought of SSH'ing an X window
   containing the emulator running Quicken at home onto my screen at work
   just makes me start grinning and laughing maniacally (in a good way!)

Thanks!  And hi to the folx I met at the first and only DC linuxchix
meeting back in, what, June?

Amanda