[techtalk] RE: remote xwin?

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at mail.veinc.com
Mon Apr 24 10:19:08 EST 2000

Hey all-

Thanks for all help...as a note, I got a bunch of really great documentation
on doing the XServer/Thin Client setup from the guys at the Linux Terminal
Server Project (www.ltsp.com).  I now have an AMD machine booting up to a
floppy w/out a HD and running apps amazingly quickly off my server.  Next
step is to buy an EPROM burner so I can boot up right off the ethernet card.

Anyway, thanks again; hope everyone had a good weekend!

-Brian

PS-Has anybody seen this thing that's been going down with the iOpener
machine?  $99 and hackable into a nice thin client, only the company's
gotten all upset and pulled some really dirty tricks on the customers in an
effort to make some of the money back their losing...won't go into detail
now; just wondering if anyone else heard anything...