[techtalk] Installing Linux on a second hard drive.

The Cat In The Hat catnthat76 at visto.com
Mon Apr 17 14:49:00 EST 2000

I seem to remember something about there was a limitation in that you had to have linux booting off one of the first two drive but that may no longer be true.  I would recommend reading the howto and man pages for lilo.

You would see improved performance with the swap on a different drive because the same drive would not be trying to do two things at once, i.e. read from your /home partition and your swap partition.

Thanks,

CatNTHat