[techtalk] ftp_masq stopped working...?

Walt pippin at fred.net
Mon Apr 17 12:58:22 EST 2000

(since it's been a good while, and I've
been away due to unrelated problems,
I'm going to repost the whole question.
sorry!)

I wrote:

<quote>
This _seems_ just a little odd to me...

I use a windows system to layout some
of the web pages that I do. I upload them
out through my rhl server via ip masq. and
ip_masq_ftp. This has worked fine. once.

But now, even with the

/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp

lines in my rc.local file, as they've always
been, my stuff starts to download to the web
server for like 10 seconds and then just sits and
nothing more gets sent.

any clues? or more information needed?
<unquote>

Laurel Fan wrote:
>Is the module loaded?
>Is it still loaded when it stops working?
>Does passive ftp work?

yes, I think so but how do I check for sure?
yes (same as above :-)
and no, it makes no difference at all.

Hope this is helpful...

Thanks...

Walt

-~

    We trained hard...but every time we were beginning to form up
    into teams, we would be reorganized.  I was to learn later in life
    that we tend to meet any new situation by reoganizing... and
    a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of
    progress while producing inefficiency and demoralization.
                        Petronius the Arbiter