[techtalk] Mouse Problems

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Mon Apr 17 07:49:24 EST 2000

> > (You're sending mail to the list as 'root'. Thus, you're probably at
> > LEAST doing your basic mail as root. Too many permissions. Using a
> > non-root account is the most basic of the life preservers. )
>
> Ahem... can I plead a momentary lapse of good judgement? That's what I get
> for trying to save 30 seconds while downloading and installing the latest
> patches.

(laughs)!

On a list with a mix of the very-new and the very-experienced, I prefer
not to assume that the person I'm speaking to necessarily knows stuff.

It's easier to apologise to the experienced for wasting a moment or
two's time, than to apologise to a new person for not telling them
something that could have prevented them accidentally wiping their /bin
directory. :/

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman
http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/