[techtalk] Mouse Problems

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Mon Apr 17 03:55:20 EST 2000

root wrote:

>  A lot has changed from
> my 1995 version of Linux (command line only) so now I get to dip my toes
> into the new waters... Anybody have a life preserver I can borrow? :-)

This whole list is a life preserver. :)

Tip: don't do your work as root. Create a login, even if it's just you
on the machine, and do stuff as it.

(You're sending mail to the list as 'root'. Thus, you're probably at
LEAST doing your basic mail as root. Too many permissions. Using a
non-root account is the most basic of the life preservers. )

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman
http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/