[techtalk] sound.... still

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Sun Apr 16 22:44:44 EST 2000

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Sarah Hollings wrote:
>
> > After much frigging about with my system, and I mean ***a very very
> > large amount of frigging*** I still cannot get sound working on this
> > machine.
> >
> > The crux of it seems to be that sound is all there, but I just can't
> > tell the modconf program what the parameters are to make it sodding well
> > work.
> >
> > I constantly get the error from modconf:
> >
> > "/lib/modules/2.2.14/sound.o: invalid parameter io"
>
> I haven't configured an AWE for a while, but I think the parameter is
> called 'ioport'.

Bummer. The option (whether it's 'io' or 'ioport' is not valid for the
module 'sound' but for the module 'sb'. Your /etc/conf.modules should have
these lines:

alias sound sb
option sb io=0x220 ...
          whatever your options are go here

> Nils

Yes, exactly.
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de