[techtalk] Linux 6.1 Mouse Problems

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Sun Apr 16 19:57:11 EST 2000

Hi,

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Lothan wrote:

> I installed Redhat Linux 6.1 last night but am having a dickens of a time
> getting my mouse to work with X. I had been using a really, really old
> version of Linux so I reformatted the drive and started a clean install. I'm
> using a Microsoft Intellimouse (the optical version) connected to the PS/2
> Mouse port. When I run startx, the mouse pointer sits in the top right
> corner of the screen and won't budge. Moving the mouse just causes it to pop
> up some menus. I edited the XF86Config file and changed it from PS/2 to
> Microsoft but now the mouse pointer sits in the top left corner. Any idea
> how to get this mouse working?

maybe (I don't have such a mouse) it will work if you specify "IMPS/2" as
the protocol (because this actually is 'IntelliMouse over PS/2').

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de