[techtalk] sound.... still

Eric Baudais drake at x8b4e541f.dhcp.okstate.edu
Sun Apr 16 12:34:02 EST 2000

Sarah-

About a month ago I was like you, pulling my hair out trying to get a
SB-64AWE card to work.  This is how I did it.

You should have made the modules in the kernel for sound support
(sound.o), sb compatible support (sb.o) and a low-level AWE driver
(awe_wave.o).

If you have an ISA card you need to use isapnp to configure the io ports
and IRQs.  Provided you have all that information here is what I did.

$insmod sound
$insmod uart401
$insmod sb io=0x220 irq=9 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
$insmod awe_wave

I haven't experimented with FM synthesis yet, but this is what got me ISA
card working.

Good Luck,
Eric Baudais