[techtalk] Linux 6.1 Mouse Problems

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sun Apr 16 09:35:50 EST 2000

I installed Redhat Linux 6.1 last night but am having a dickens of a time
getting my mouse to work with X. I had been using a really, really old
version of Linux so I reformatted the drive and started a clean install. I'm
using a Microsoft Intellimouse (the optical version) connected to the PS/2
Mouse port. When I run startx, the mouse pointer sits in the top right
corner of the screen and won't budge. Moving the mouse just causes it to pop
up some menus. I edited the XF86Config file and changed it from PS/2 to
Microsoft but now the mouse pointer sits in the top left corner. Any idea
how to get this mouse working?