[techtalk] Ether-Address and IP-Address

bobtfish bobtfish at freaks.screaming.net
Thu Apr 13 17:14:35 EST 2000

At 09:29 13/04/00 +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>is there a programm, which can I use to find the IP-Address
>to a specified Ether-Address (network card) ???

If the computer is on the local network then on linux you can say cat <
/proc/net/arp | less and look for the IP address. I believe you can do
something similar with a program called arp on windows.

However if the machine is through a router then you are stuffed..
(Unless you can get the user to send you an MSWord document as they have
the hardware address embedded in the doc..
Scary eh?

BobTFish