[techtalk] My scrit and the parameters are working, NOW: whiptail

Michelle Konzack starone at cybercable.fr
Wed Apr 12 18:33:37 EST 2000

I was looking for informations, but I do not know how to interpert the
[ tag item status ] in the --checklist

The man page say:

    --checklist text height width list-height [ tag item status ] ...
        A checklist box is similar to a menu box in that there are
        multiple entries presented in the form of a menu. Instead of
        choosing one entry among the entries, each entry can be turned
        on or off by the user. The initial on/off state of each entry
        is specified by status. On exit, a list of the tag strings of
        those entries that are turned on will be printed on stderr.

I do not know, how I can create 5 items and how I get the selected list back.

I need the output "apt-get install $list" where $list must be the packages
list...

If I know how to handel the stderr in scripts...

Hey Pinguins, I am learning !!!

Michelle

--
Linux rebootet man in drei Fällen:
Neuer Kernel, neue (Board-)Hardware, Stromausfall....

Aber Windows rebootet man auch in drei Fällen:
Schutzverletzung, Bluescreen, keinen Bock...