[techtalk] apache server on a local net visable to outside

Beverly Guillermo mezanin at home.com
Wed Apr 12 00:50:49 EST 2000

If you look at the:

 <documentation directory>/htdocs/manual/vhosts/index.html

It has information about setting up virtual hosts.  It's been awhile since
I've set up a virtual host but I believe all it needs is to set up the DNS
settings if you want to use a domain name and then edit the configuration
file to contain:

    <VirtualHost 10.0.0.1>              # main web server
	  ServerName www.abc.dom
          ServerAdmin webgirl at abc.dom
          DocumentRoot /www/abc
    </VirtualHost>

   <VirtualHost 10.0.0.2>               # other box on the network
	  ServerAdmin www.edf.dom
	  ServerAdmin webgirl at abc.dom
	  DocumentRoot /www/edf
   </VirtualHost>

   ..etc..

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm also assuming you've got
masquerading and redirection working.  Or maybe you don't need it?

Beverly