[techtalk] Journaling File Systems...

Jeff phaedrus at thereactor.cleptoscastle.com
Tue Apr 11 08:12:06 EST 2000

ReiserFS came up on the list yesterday, and I just ordered a 20.5 GB
harddrive.  I really *don't* want to fsck the whole darn thing ;).

Anyway, besides the ReiserFS, there is also XFS, JFS and EXT3 that have
journals.

They all still look pretty risky, considering that XFS source was just
released last month, JFS has had five releases and ``is not complete
yet,'' and Ext3 well, it looks the least intrusive, but still doesn't
look done yet.

By least intrusive, I mean compatible with ext2.  So, you won't hose
your fs if you accidentally mount it ext2.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with these filesystems?

--
Jeff

My Public Key -- http://24.5.73.229/pubkey.txt