[techtalk] apache server on a local net visable to outside

Stewart Larsen slarsen at mpinet.net
Mon Apr 10 22:26:33 EST 2000

I have a situation.  I have a static IP on a DSL.  I Have a machine with 2
NIC's that is running an apache server and a firewall I am masquerading a
local network through this machine.  Everything works great.  But now, I
want to set up another web server for a different domain on another machine,
but I don't want to pay for a second IP.  I know about virtual hosting, and
am using it on the gateway machine, but I need the second server on a
separate machine.  I have looked for FAQ's and read the newsgroups and
deja.com with no solid answers.  Can this be done?

Stewart Larsen