[techtalk] ReiserFS experience?

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Sun Apr 9 19:36:49 EST 2000

Hi!

My TV card driver is somewaht flaky, and tends to freeze the whole
system. I managed to remount most partitions read-only, but the other
ones are quite large and fsck takes some time on them.

So, while waiting for kernel 2.4 and a more stable driver, I thought of
trying reiserfs. Has anyone had any experience with it? Does file
system checks really run faster? Is it stable enough to move /home or
/var to it?

I'm a little scared of trying it - a file system is more importatnt
than a window manager (or TV card driver), so I'm not too keen on using
something unstable...

TIA for any tips,

Britta

--