[techtalk] CVS, networking question

Rebecca Gutterman somerset at blarg.net
Sat Apr 8 14:26:51 EST 2000

My boyfriend and I both set up WinCVS to access a friend's CVS server.  It worked fine under dial-up.  We recently got DSL and both have static IPs.  I can still log in to CVS just fine, but he no longer can.  The command 'cvs login' prompts for a password, then immediately prints the error 'Unknown Host [IP address of server]'.  He can ping the IP address just fine, and his CVS settings look just like mine.  Any ideas what could be wrong, or how to go about diagnosing the problem?  I realize this might be a windows thing but I am completely at a loss.

Thanks