[techtalk] Help Needed: Getting X working on Sony laptop

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Fri Apr 7 23:48:20 EST 2000

Hi,

	I've read the standard Linux laptop pages and found the trail to
XFCom-neomagic X server and such.  But everything I've tried so far is
not sufficient for this machine.  It is a Sony PCG-XG18 running a
NeoMagic MagicMedia 256XL+.  Most of the pre-figured-out stuff I've seen
stops at MagicMedia 256AV.  But still I had hopes it was close enough.
If anyone has any ideas or leads they will be greatly appreciated.

	I would hate to have to return the machine or <gasp> just run windoze
on it.

thanks.

- samantha