[techtalk] mail filter inquiry...

Amy amy at bpsinet.com
Thu Apr 6 11:15:01 EST 2000

We had an e-mail filter that would scan all e-mail attachments
for viruses. The only trouble was, it would rename every .exe
attachment to .defang.  Having to explain to many clueless
people how to rename the .exe files was just too much of a pain,
so we turned off the filter. Does anyone have any suggestions
for a mail filter that can scan for viruses/keywords in attachments
without renaming every executable file? We are running RH 6.1, BTW.
My knowledge of the mail server is budding at this point, I am the
assistant-in-training to the system admin.

Amy
amy at bpsinet.com

If you can't say anything nice about someone, say nothing.
Then creep up behind them with a baseball bat and really
let 'em have it.