[techtalk] hardware hassling me

Sarah Hollings sez at powerup.com.au
Thu Apr 6 14:44:02 EST 2000

I love you!!!  All fixed!!

There was a few different options in the bios to do with IDE, and
although there was no provision for doing exactly what you said, there
was this "IDE Channel 2 umpty-tum" option (which bore no resemblance to
"If you have me set to disabled you will have no IDE 2").  But setting
it to enable fixed it!

I never would've thought of the CMOS - I figured it had to be the cable
or something.  Happy!!!!

(Now I just have to buy a new floppy because I seem to have fried it by
putting the ribbon cable in the wrong way when I was at my wits end
before).