[techtalk] Syntax colors in VIM

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Sat Apr 1 15:39:22 EST 2000

#if Tina Johnsson
> Hi, list!
>
> I love using VIM for html authoring (no war plz). I would like to change the colors of the html tags though...but I can't figure out how :-)
> Does anyone know where I can find a howto or similar on this topic ?

Here's my ~/.vim/mysyntax.vim

You just adjust the colours as you wish.

:help coloring will give you the right place to look for more info.

hi Normal     guifg=Black           guibg=grey96                gui=NONE
hi Cursor     guifg=White           guibg=Black                 gui=NONE
hi Search     guifg=Black           guibg=NONE                  gui=BOLD
hi Comment    guifg=DarkBlue        guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Constant   guifg=DarkMagenta     guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Special    guifg=DarkBlue        guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Identifier guifg=DarkMagenta     guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Statement  guifg=Brown           guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi PreProc    guifg=DarkSlateGrey   guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Type       guifg=DarkGreen       guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Ignore     guifg=Black           guibg=NONE                  gui=NONE
hi Error      guifg=White           guibg=Red                   gui=NONE
hi Todo       guifg=Black           guibg=NONE                  gui=BOLD

hi Normal     ctermfg=Black         ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Cursor     ctermfg=White         ctermbg=Black               cterm=NONE
hi Search     ctermfg=Black         ctermbg=Yellow              cterm=NONE
hi Comment    ctermfg=Blue          ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Constant   ctermfg=Red           ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Special    ctermfg=Magenta       ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Identifier ctermfg=DarkRed       ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Statement  ctermfg=DarkBlue      ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi PreProc    ctermfg=DarkMagenta   ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Type       ctermfg=DarkRed       ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Ignore     ctermfg=Black         ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Error      ctermfg=Black         ctermbg=NONE                cterm=NONE
hi Todo       ctermfg=Black         ctermbg=Yellow              cterm=NONE

Note that this file is loaded from my ~/.vimrc with:
let mysyntaxfile = "~/.vim/mysyntax.vim"

Rik