[techtalk] Library standardization?

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Sep 30 09:39:00 EST 1999

Amanda Knox wrote:

> A real newbie question :)
>
> Is there any form of library standardization in progress? Seems like
> every time I try to install something new, I get some kind of library
> conflict. Either I don't have the standard library it needs, or the
> development one, or something else.

Debian's 'dselect' system will take care of all of that for you,
pretty much. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that other distributions
also had a management system for ensuring that the user didn't have to
worry too much about library dependancies..

Is this the case, folks?

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/