[techtalk] High speed access -- pros and cons

Walt pippin at mail.fred.net
Thu Oct 28 17:12:54 EST 1999

At 03:44 PM 10/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Holy moly, $800 for setup... I guess if that's what it takes to get cable
>in a rural area.  I also didn'tknow that youc ould get cable connections
>at 512k both ways... mine goes extremely fast for dl, and is something

Clarification: $200 install, $600 modem (not that that's cheap!)
Also, I've gotten speeds (twice (jk) :-) of 70-80k per sec. 60k is
not at all uncommon.

Upload speed is very nice! (and important as we do some off-site
websites and currently host a test site)

Walt

-~

    An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, the
    power to destroy.
                        Daniel Webster