[techtalk] ISA / PCI

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Wed Oct 27 17:42:08 EST 1999

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:06:52 +0200 (CEST), Xavier Gutierrez Munoz
wrote:

>I don't have any idea of doin' it from software. If you decide to open the
>box you'll see the card slots on the motherboard.
>PCI slots are shorter tha ISA ones. So if you have both, you'll see two
>different types of slots.
>
>I'm sorry I don't know the exact dimensions of these slots, but I hope the
>above lines can help you :).

Even easier:

ISA slots are black, PCI are white, and AGP are brown. (typically, YMMV
on a few very nonstandard boards)

-Ian
--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the Win98 protocol stack is like a chinese puzzle, twist and turn in the right places, and it pops right off.
                                                                   -Seen on EFNet IRC