[techtalk] logins

Nicole colby at wsu.edu
Wed Oct 27 15:36:58 EST 1999

> I think Nicole was talking about the login being all numbers, and not the
> password.  The only reason I can see this causing problems is because of
> the fact that UIDs are based on numbers...who knows...aaron doesn't ;)

Yup, it was the login that was all numbers. I wasn't sure just how special
numbers are.

Turns out the *password* had a leading special character... a ' or
; or something like that (ahh how my memory fails me).

So numbers go back to their "normal" status and just aren't
"special" enough ;o)

Suppose I could have just hollered at aaron myself, but I didn't know he
was around and we had already called unix-guys ;o)

thanks
-nicole