[techtalk] Okay so I recompiled my kernel under Re

The Cat In The Hat catnthat76 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:29:45 EST 1999

Don't even bother to compile support for zip drives into the kernel.  They
have to be loaded modularly.

Read http://howto.linuxberg.com/ptHOWTO/mini/ZIP-Drive and check out
http://www.torque.net/~campbell/, you can grab the driver you need to
compile from the second link.

Recompile the kernel with SCSI Emulation and SCSI support added in, don't
bother to choose any specific scsi drivers unless you have a scsi card in
your system.

After you recompile and reboot then compile the driver from
http://www.torque.net/~campbell/ and install it in /lib/modules/<kernel -
version>/scsi

After that you can add it to the conf.modules and it should detect after
your main boot sequence is completed.

Your lp driver will conflict with the zip driver so you may have to rmmod
the lp driver and insmod the zip driver.

Good luck,
CatNTHat