[techtalk] ISA / PCI

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Oct 27 12:08:59 EST 1999

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Neil ''Fred'' Picciotto wrote:

> how can i determine whether my machine has ISA?  i know that it has PCI, so
> i suspect it does not, but i believe that there exist some motherboards
> with both...  is there any way to determine this from software?  if not, i
> suppose i'll open the box up, but even then, how can i tell?

if `cat /proc/pci | grep -i isa` yields something like this: 'ISA bridge:
Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ISA (rev 2).', you have ISA. But in general you simply
have an ISA bus, ISA-less machines are few.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen / Vogelsangstrasse 115 / D-70197 Stuttgart / +49.711.6599405
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de