[techtalk] ISA / PCI

Neil ''Fred'' Picciotto fred at derf.net
Wed Oct 27 01:42:46 EST 1999

how can i determine whether my machine has ISA?  i know that it has PCI, so
i suspect it does not, but i believe that there exist some motherboards
with both...  is there any way to determine this from software?  if not, i
suppose i'll open the box up, but even then, how can i tell?

(i'm a little embarrassed to be asking such a basic question, but i know
next to nothing about hardware -- i'm really just a software geek!  i was
originally going to build my own machine, but after a while of not finding
the time to do that, i decided to buy a machine from "thelinuxstore.com"...
i should have saved somewhere the specs on the machine from their website,
but i didn't, and their product line has changed a bunch since then...)

...derF\lieN

Neil "Fred" Picciotto --- fred at derf.net --- http://www.derf.net/