[techtalk] ISA Ethernet card under RHat 6

Walt pippin at fred.net
Tue Oct 26 00:40:30 EST 1999

At 07:56 PM 10/25/99 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
>On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Walt wrote:
>
>It only gets shown if the driver for it is installed correctly (it shows
>the resources the kernel assigned to the various devices).
>
>What type of card is yours?

I have an ISA 10mb Cnet card. (or course no linux drivers)
I just got my internet access back up and running (for real)
this afternoon and was unable to collect my 177 messages
until this (monday) evening.

Thanks to you, Serena del bianco (the 'cat /proc...' hints) and
Amos Hayes for their suggestions,b ut it was actually something
somebody mentioned a few days (weeks?) ago about 'isapnp'.
That was all I needed!

So a special _thanks_ to whoever that was!

Walt

-~

    The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the
    hygiene of older people.
                        Logan Pearsall Smith