[techtalk] Would like advice on building system

Amanda Owens amowens at radonc.duke.edu
Mon Oct 25 09:25:11 EST 1999

That wouldn't be it. I'm not 100% sure of the URL. Let me check...

www.lynncomp.com

That, according to my husband (who's purchased through them) is the URL.

You might also want to check these out:

www.anandtech.com
www.indybox.com
www.thelinuxstore.com
www.mpipc.com
www.mtrends.com
www.tccomputers.com
www.becomputing.com

Indybox, The Linux Store, and Be Computing all make custom-built Linux
systems, so the parts they use are all Linux compatable. Their prices are
good, but if you feel you can get a better deal elsewhere, they're also a
good resouce for what parts will work. If I remember correctly, *all* of
the video cards that Be Computing uses are Voodoo cards.

These are a few of the places I check out when I'm looking for computer
stuff for work. Working in an educational research lab, we're strapped
for cash *all* the time, so we try to get the most bang for our buck.

HTH.

Mur!

PS: Be Computing also has the Penguin Case - $85+SH, but it's *very*
*very* cool.